Software Engineer III - Payment Services
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski is the leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer credit platform in Latin America, known for its innovative financial services. Its flagship product, Kueski Pay, allows customers to make purchases and pay later, both online and in physical stores and has become the payment choice for a quarter of Mexico's leading e-commerce merchants. Notably, it stands out as the first buy now, pay later (BNPL) option accessible to Mexican consumers on Amazon.com.mx.
Kueski is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski was named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
As a Software Engineer you'll be creating and supporting user-facing software products that customers want to use, and considering functional and non-functional requirements as well as user experience.
- Mentoring and supporting other software engineers, and is comfortable collaborating with different teams to accomplish their team's goals.
- Promote of technical excellence and helps the team to thrive by constantly making informed decisions that consider tradeoffs, and pushing the team to follow and improve at their practices.
- Building products using different technologies, as well as scaling them up using cloud computing.
- Supports the team to design and build high quality systems that may involve multiple teams and iterations. Collaborates with other teams to make sure the solution is feasible and aligned with the technical vision.
- Collaborating with their team, and supporting other team members to achieve the team’s goals while guaranteeing that the team is able to perform their development activities at all times. Also they must deliver at the expectations quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Responsible for understanding the business so they can evaluate the trade-offs accordingly and make informed decisions. As well as identifying and promoting areas of improvement for deliverables, practices and processes, such as identifying and prioritizing tech debt.
- Collaborating during the early analysis of a project, helping the team estimate medium to complex projects, and supporting the team to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in software engineering
- Strong technical background in programming.
- Understanding of the elements of good code.
- Experience and understanding of software design patterns.
- Fundamentals of relational databases.
- Experience with at least one database engine.
- Experience of integrating, designing and building APIs.
- Experience deploying and maintaining software products in production.
- Experience with at least one architectural pattern (i.e. MVC)
- Experience delivering solutions that require multiple iterations..
- Experience considering non functional requirements from the very beginning of the design.
- Experience balancing business, product and technology when making decisions.
- Ability to clearly communicate simple to complex ideas
- Ability to navigate uncertainty and help the team to find its way
- Ability to structure ideas and convey them
- Ability to translate technical language to non technical people
- Ability to transform requirements into working software in production.
- Ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to make decisions based on tradeoffs between business, product and technology.
- Ability to undertake and lead medium to complex projects that require multiple iterations and may involve different technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging problems.
- Strong experience in Software Engineering.
- How a good Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is organized.
- How the non-functional requirements are part of delivering a solution.
- Experience on the different types of testing and their importance in the SDLC.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with AWS.
Nice to have
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits. Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success.
- We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives