Software Engineer I - Backend
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski has grown to be one of the largest buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer lending companies in Latin America. Kueski provides financial services to consumers and connects the Mexican economy through its innovative product ecosystem. This ecosystem consists of Kueski Pay, the company's BNPL product available online and in-store, and Kueski Personal Loans, a direct to consumer loan product.
The company is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski has been named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
As a Software Engineer you'll be creating and supporting web services that provide the core functionality for the financial ecosystem, considering functional and nonfunctional requirements, as well as collaborating with other teams to evolve such services towards our technological vision.
- Write software to achieve the business and team’s goals.
- Understand the underlying problem when facing a challenge.
- Design and implement solutions for the problems.
- Learn and improve at the technologies, processes and best practices defined by the team.
- Write the necessary documentation.
- Troubleshoot bugs and incidents.
- Help the team to triage the bugs and problems that arise.
- Perform code reviews.
- Pair programming with teammates when required.
- Monitor the systems and services the team is responsible for.
- Fix bugs and resolve incidents.
- 3 years of progressive experience in software engineering.
- Strong technical background in programming.
- Understanding of the elements of good code.
- Understanding of software design patterns.
- Fundamentals of relational databases.
- Experience with at least one database engine.
- Understanding of integrating, designing and building APIs.
- Understanding of deploying software products to production.
- Ability to transform requirements into working software.
- Ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team.
- Understanding of Software Engineering.
- How a good Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is organized.
- How the non-functional requirements are part of delivering a solution.
- Experience on the different types of testing and their importance in the SDLC.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience applying software design patterns.
- Experience integrating, designing and building APIs.
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience with AWS.
Nice to have
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits. Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success.
- We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives