Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski has grown to be one of the largest buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer lending companies in Latin America. Kueski provides financial services to consumers and connects the Mexican economy through its innovative product ecosystem. This ecosystem consists of Kueski Pay, the company's BNPL product available online and in-store, and Kueski Personal Loans, a direct to consumer loan product.
The company is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski has been named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
Analytics Engineer with strong capabilities to implement the best technologies for data processing and at the same time with a strong analytical drive to generate the best business outcomes. Also help to establish and develop a good foundation for our data models (tables), enabling analysts to be agile and efficient. Also, data analysts help to develop our analytical capabilities by means of designing and implementing experiments and doing ad hoc analyses.
- Improve the way our company consumes data: develop and deploy trusted and well-governed datasets with a high impact on the company
- Extract data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Work with large amounts of data (in an efficient and optimized fashion)
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques. Provide ongoing reports related to such business and data analyses
- Performing analyses to assess the quality of our data
- Support data stewardship and data governance
- Develop and automate production-level data pipelines
- Leverage data visualization tools to represent the data in a business-friendly manner
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work closely with stakeholders and colleagues across Kueski to drive improvements in our products and impact KPIs
- Automate and optimize recurrent and manual processes
- Experience as a Data Analyst / Business Analyst / Data Engineer or a similar discipline
- Strong experience in the Analysis and Design of Data Models,
- Strong understanding of domain concepts like Keys, Dimensions, Star schemas, snowflake schemas, OLAP, DWH, ODS, EDW, DataLake
- Experience working with statistical analyses and experiments: A/B tests, significance tests, etc.
- Solid experience with manipulating data using SQL
- Experience with programming languages like Python & R
- Experience implementing and automating data pipelines
- Experience with data building and modeling tools (data build tool) and version control systems (git)
- Experience with ETL/ELT design, development, optimization & testing
- Strong experience developing dashboards with BI tools like Tableau
- Experience with data analysis tools like Databricks, Astronomer, Airflow, DataCatalog, etc.
- Clear communication to non-technical audiences
- To have a quantitative and analytical background. For example, a degree in fields such as Engineering, Actuarial Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- Strong technical skills using modern tools for data transformation and data modeling
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong skills to communicate clearly and effectively analyses and reports both to technical and non-technical audiences
- Business and product mindset
- A clear focus on business objectives and results
- Team player: You have a sense of collaboration and support
- Appetite for learning new methodologies and tools
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace conflict of ideas and question the status quo
- Possess a sound logical mindset
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of statistical methods for experimental design
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior analytics engineers and team members.
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits.
- Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success. We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives