Senior Internal Auditor
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski is the leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer credit platform in Latin America, known for its innovative financial services. Its flagship product, Kueski Pay, allows customers to make purchases and pay later, both online and in physical stores and has become the payment choice for a quarter of Mexico's leading e-commerce merchants. Notably, it stands out as the first buy now, pay later (BNPL) option accessible to Mexican consumers on Amazon.com.mx.
Kueski is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski was named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
Kueski’s Senior Internal Auditor is accountable to the CEO and Board for bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to ensure the company has accurate accounting throughout the year and that the Finance team follows proper procedures and governance processes.
- Perform the full audit and controls over financial reliability in compliance with the financial standards followed by the Company (IFRS)
- Determine, develop, manage, and conduct a comprehensive annual financial consolidated internal audit plan; managing special audit projects in an ad-hoc manner as needed. This plan should be aligned with the company's objectives
- Perform detailed examinations of the company's financial records, transactions, and systems to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations. Identify any discrepancies, errors, or potential fraud and recommend corrective actions
- Evaluate the finance, treasury, tax, and accounting internal controls, assessing the effectiveness of the company's internal control systems, including financial reporting and operational processes. Identify weaknesses or gaps in controls and provide recommendations for improvement to mitigate risks
- Report findings to the CEO and board at least once a year or as soon as any finding arises. Prepare comprehensive audit reports summarizing findings, recommendations, and action plans. Present these reports to the CEO and board, highlighting any significant issues or risks that require their attention. Ensure timely communication of audit results and follow-up on the implementation of corrective actions; as well as providing recommendations to improve accounting accuracy and compliance
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, charts, etc.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
- Conduct follow-up financial audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Maintain and share knowledge of the fintech sector, financial rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Coordinate financial audit requests with external auditors and other team members, perform testing, facilitate meetings, and evaluate deficiencies
- Proven knowledge of financial auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations; knowledge of IFRS/international accounting standards
- Proven experience as an Auditor in Mexico; at least 7 years of mixed experience at a major accounting firm and in internal audit at an established company
- Proven experience working with companies with a holding in the US
- Sound independent judgment and superb standards of integrity and professionalism; ability to navigate the relationship between organizational reporting lines and sharing a separate opinion to the CEO and Board (as needed)
- Advanced skills in MS Office and Google Suite, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data to compile complex reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of corporate governance best practices is a plus
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits. Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success.
- We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives