Director of Business Operations (Chief of Staff)
People & HR, Operations
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
The Director of Business Operations is a critical “Chief of Staff” role that requires a blend of strategic thinking, operational excellence, and leadership skills. The individual role is a trusted advisor to the CEO and executive team, and is responsible for ensuring the CEO’s vision is executed effectively, efficiently, and in alignment with the company’s culture and strategic goals. This individual is accountable for helping to drive Kueski’s growth and success by coordinating the strategic operations of the company, managing relationships with stakeholders, and helping to drive and manage initiatives that support growth and innovation.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Work closely with the CEO to develop, communicate, and execute the company’s strategic plans; ensure alignment across departments and facilitate the translation of strategy into actionable plans
- Business Operations Management: Oversee some day-to-day business operations including managing key projects and initiatives, coordinating cross-functional teams, and ensuring operational excellence across the organization
- Stakeholder Management: Serve as a key liaison between the CEO and the company’s stakeholders, including board members, investors, partners, and customers; manage these relationships, ensuring effective communication and alignment and continuity
- Company Performance Management: Monitor the company’s performance against its strategic goals, KPIs, and budgets; provide regular updates to the CEO, executive team, and board, identifying areas for improvement and potential risks
- Leadership Alignment: Help ensure the leadership team is aligned with the company’s strategy and culture; work closely with People Success to develop and implement leadership team building and development programs
- Proven Experience: Has a track record of success in a senior leadership role, has experience managing complex projects and initiatives, and a strong understanding of business operations and finance; experience working with fast paced, high growth startups in the fintech or technology industry preferred
- Strategic Thinking: A strategic thinker with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans; has a deep understanding of the industry, market trends, and the competitive landscape
- Excellent Communication Skills: Has outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and able to influence and negotiate effectively
- Leadership Skills: An inspiring leader with the ability to motivate and manage others; able to develop and execute strategies while fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement; self-directed and able to work independently yet capable of working collaboratively and in partnership with diverse stakeholders
- Project Management: Ability to multitask a variety of activities including research projects, data analysis, document preparation, organizing and coordinating with various stakeholders, etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a related field; MBA or other advanced degree may be an advantage
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
See more open positions at Kueski
Something looks off?