Software Engineer II - Lending
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski has grown to be one of the largest buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer lending companies in Latin America. Kueski provides financial services to consumers and connects the Mexican economy through its innovative product ecosystem. This ecosystem consists of Kueski Pay, the company's BNPL product available online and in-store, and Kueski Personal Loans, a direct to consumer loan product.
The company is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski has been named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
As a Software Engineer you'll be creating and supporting web services that provide the core functionality for the financial ecosystem, considering functional and nonfunctional requirements, as well as collaborating with other teams to evolve such services towards our technological vision. Also will be t mentoring and supporting other software engineers, and is comfortable collaborating with different teams to accomplish their team's goals.
- Understand the underlying problem when facing a challenge.
- Design and implement solutions for the problems.
- Write software to achieve the business and team’s goals.
- Fix bugs and resolve incidents.
- Identify and communicate risks.
- Support and promote best practices among the team.
- Mentor and support other Software Engineers.
- Ensure the team remains focused on the objective of the project.
- 5 years of progressive experience in software engineering.
- Strong technical background in programming.
- Understanding of the elements of good code.
- Experience and understanding of software design patterns.
- Fundamentals of relational databases.
- Experience with at least one database engine.
- Experience of integrating, designing and building APIs.
- Experience deploying and maintaining software products in production.
- Experience with at least one architectural pattern (i.e. MVC)
- Experience delivering solutions that require multiple iterations..
- Experience considering non functional requirements from the very beginning of the design.
- Experience balancing business, product and technology when making decisions.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with AWS.
Nice to have
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits.
- Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success. We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives