Senior FP&A Manager
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski has grown to be one of the largest buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer lending companies in Latin America. Kueski provides financial services to consumers and connects the Mexican economy through its innovative product ecosystem. This ecosystem consists of Kueski Pay, the company's BNPL product available online and in-store, and Kueski Personal Loans, a direct to consumer loan product.
The company is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski has been named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
The Senior FP&A Manager plays a critical role in driving the financial performance and strategic decision-making of the organization. By overseeing financial planning and analysis, providing insights and recommendations, and leading the budgeting and forecasting processes, this position contributes to the overall financial health and success of the company. The FP&A Senior Manager also supports cross-functional collaboration, identifies areas for improvement, and helps drive the implementation of financial strategies.
- Lead the financial planning and analysis process, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-term strategic planning
- Develop and maintain financial models and tools to support accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support key business decisions, including investment opportunities, cost optimization, and revenue growth strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial metrics to assess business performance
- Prepare and present financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, to senior management and stakeholders
- Conduct variance analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Manage the financial planning calendar, ensuring timely completion of deliverables and alignment with corporate objectives
- Support the annual budgeting process, including coordination with department heads, consolidation of budget inputs, and analysis of budget variances
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, market conditions, and competitor performance to provide insights and recommendations for strategic decision-making
- Lead and develop a team of financial analysts, providing guidance, and coaching
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. MBA or CFA designation is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis techniques, forecasting methodologies, and budgeting processes
- Proficiency in financial modeling and analysis using Excel and other financial software. Experience with data visualization tools is a plus
- Experience in strategic planning, business case development, and investment analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide insights
- Strong understanding of financial statements, key financial metrics, and financial performance indicators
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in financial analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits. Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success.
- We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives