DBA- SR Data Base Administrator - MySQL (Hibrido)
Purpose of the Job:
A DBA (Database Administrator) in Cloud Computing is a professional who specializes in managing databases within a cloud computing environment. They are responsible for ensuring the efficient operation, performance, and security of databases hosted in cloud platforms.
- Cloud Database Management: Designing, implementing, and maintaining databases within cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Performance Optimization: Optimizing database performance in the cloud environment by implementing indexing strategies, query optimization techniques, and utilizing cloud-specific performance tuning features.
- Scalability and Elasticity: Scaling databases seamlessly to handle varying workloads and leveraging cloud-native features like auto-scaling to meet changing demands.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery: Implementing strategies for ensuring high availability and disaster recovery of databases in the cloud, such as database replication, failover mechanisms, and backup and restore procedures.
- Security and Compliance: Implementing security measures to protect databases hosted in the cloud, including access controls, encryption, and compliance with relevant data protection regulations.
- Cloud-native Database Services: Evaluating and utilizing cloud-native database services and technologies, such as Amazon RDS, Azure SQL Database, or Google Cloud Spanner, to leverage the benefits of managed database services in the cloud.
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code: Employing infrastructure automation tools and practices, such as Terraform or CloudFormation, to automate the deployment and management of database resources in the cloud.
- Cloud Cost Optimization: Optimizing database-related costs in the cloud environment by effectively managing database resources, monitoring usage, and implementing cost optimization strategies.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborating with development, operations, and other stakeholders to understand database requirements, provide technical expertise, and ensure alignment with business goals
- Proficiency in cloud platforms like AWS, including knowledge of their respective database services and features.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and technologies, such as relational databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Experience in database provisioning, configuration, and management within a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of cloud-native database services, such as Amazon RDS, Azure SQL Database, or Google Cloud Spanner.
- Familiarity with database backup and recovery strategies specific to cloud platforms.
- Expertise in database performance tuning and optimization techniques in the context of cloud computing.
- Understanding of database security best practices in the cloud, including encryption, access controls, and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or CloudFormation for managing database resources.
- Knowledge of cloud-based monitoring and alerting systems to ensure optimal database performance and availability.
- Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies for databases in the cloud.
- Familiarity with cloud cost optimization techniques for managing database-related costs.
- Ability to collaborate with development and operations teams to align database requirements with business objectives.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address database-related issues in the cloud environment.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for automating routine tasks and processes.
- Knowledge of database migration strategies and tools for transitioning databases to the cloud.
- Understanding of networking concepts and security protocols relevant to cloud-based database deployments.
* Position can be located in Argentina or Mexico, on Hybrid mode (60% Remote, 40% Office) *