VP of Finance
Aprende Institute, the leading online education platform for vocational abilities in Latin America and the United States' Hispanic market, offers a wide array of online training and courses, allowing its growing community of 30,000 students to acquire high-demand skills. These skills empower learners to transform their interests into income by starting a new business or a new career. Aprende integrates technology and digital media with traditional instructor-led classroom activities, giving its students a flexible and personalized learning experience, accessible on any device, that monitors students' progress and encourages engaged learning, skill mastery, and course completion. Furthermore, Aprende's tech platform and tailored content solutions assist corporations training and motivating their workforce and clients with unique experiences.
To support and help guide the growth of our business, we are currently seeking an experienced and strategic-minded Vice President of Finance to join our executive team.
You will report directly to the CEO and be a key partner in strategic and operational decision-making.
What are we looking for?
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting procedures for a US based, venture capital backed, tech-enabled company with operations/ subsidiaries in Mexico, Colombia and Argentina.
- Experience taking companies from Series A to subsequent financing rounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and experience working with external auditors to produce audited financial statements.
- Experience using Oracle Netsuite and extracting maximum value from this tool.
- Lead and oversee the finance team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to ensure the team's success. Areas of responsibility will include FP&A, accounting, treasury, legal and admin.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) process, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial modeling.
- Monitor and report on key financial metrics, providing insights and recommendations to improve financial performance.Present findings to the executive team and board of directors.
- Oversee treasury and cash management
- Implement and maintain financial controls and compliance with relevant regulations in the different countries where we operate.
- Manage relationships with external partners, including investors, banks, auditors, tax advisors, and other institutions.
- Drive process improvements and automation initiatives to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
- Stay current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in finance, especially those that relate to online education.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. MBA and/or CPA is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a financial leader, preferably in a Senior Director, VP of Finance or similar role in a direct to consumer, venture-capital backed, tech-enabled company with operations/ subsidiaries in multiple countries.
- Exceptinal financial acumen and analytical skills, complemented with strong knowledge of data processing and analytics tools..
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate financial data into actionable insights, particularly in the
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and at times ambiguous environments.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Experience with CRM, Call Center, Data Management systems (nice to have).
- Experience working with Call Center operations (nice to have)
- Experience implementing ERP (ideally Netsuite).